Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The moster will beckon you

Okay so i was digging through my word documents, searching for something to write or just revise. Well, I came across a poem i wrote a long long time ago. It meant alot to me at the time and still does now. It was a point in my life that I do wish to not relive and i hope that my mom is okay with me posting it. My mommy is a lot better now a days and is definitely the person that i need her to be. But, nothing can change the mere fact that i am maturer than I should be. That doesn't mean its a bad thing, I just wanted to make that statement clear. I know im different, but Im learning to accept it and find new things to enjoy. I've been happy lately, maybe happier than i should but I am happy. Every day that passes all i can do is push forward and continue living my life. That's all anyone can do right? My grandma is watching me from above and i do hope she's proud of the person that i am. I miss her with all my heart, because i didn't get to know her as well as i would have wanted. Her soul will live among my family forever and i know that she knows that. Well, here's he poem, and some music to go along with it. (:

She examines the reflection sitting in the cheval glass,

her purple eyes weary with distress and sadness.

The monster calls her name softly,

you know you want the pain to go away.

Her grim future awaits as she snatches it,

one by one she swallows them.

Overcome with inertia She lets her head fall onto the pillow,

as the monster takes her to a fantasy.

When she wakes she is unknown to herself,

the soul that once lived is long gone.

All she craves is the fake reality,

her heart is powered by addiction.

One last time the monster beckons her,

again she falls under the spell of it's bittersweet happiness.

Abyss fills her mind and no emotion comes through,

yet she feels hot drips fall onto her sleeping body.

The spell lifts and it hits her like a crashing wave,

confusion and sadness overcome her.

Sirens come from all different directions,

and all she can do is cry.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones!



1 comment:

  1. ...wow
    all i can say is that was..
    wow.
    wow.
    kenzie, i swear, youre going to become famous.
    wow

    ReplyDelete